Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sober for too long! I had to start another boat build. It's amazing how addicting it is and how much this site does to feed that addiction. I love viewing all of the builds and hearing all of the ideas that everyone comes up with. I have decided to build a solo 12' creek boat that I can put in the back of my truck. I decided that it would be mostly used for hunting but will definitly fish out of it. I decided that I would use the stich and glue method to build it and cover it with 1708. This is an original design that I scetch on a piece of graph paper so not sure how it will turn out but thought I would share some photos of it coming together. Here is a little preview pic.
IMG_2449.JPG

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ben, why not glass up the hull before fitting bulkheads? Im thinking the glassed up hull will hold its shape better than just the zip ties and maybe those bulkheads won't fit as well??
Appreciate the the question and I could have done it that way but I felt that the bulkheads would help keep the hull from twisting and warping during the curing process with the added structure. The picture above was just a rough in of the bulkheads and stringers nothing was perminate at that point.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts