115 Tohatsue injector blows up .

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by pkee@ymail.com, Mar 27, 2013.

1. pkee@ymail.com

pkee@ymail.com Sand Flats

A few weekends back , was out fishing and had trouble starting the motor . Got it to started and started running when all of a sudden I heard a pop and slapping . Like a fan belt breaking and slapping around .
    Got towed by a very nice fishing guide that had a charter whith him at the time .
    As I am un hitching the boat at the dealer I see my that my hub blew out . Good thing I made it there .
    Got a call today saying the boat was ready .
    A fuel injector blew up . Thay had never seen that before .
    Water test this weekend if all goes well and I don't have to work .
    Could water in the fuel cause this ? I have a separator .

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] iMacattack.

3. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Ive never heard of any manufactures injector exploding like that because of water.

4. pkee@ymail.com

Just picked it up and thay still can't figure out what happen . Thay even called Tohatsue to akk if this has happened before . Thay said thay would look into it .
    Oo well , that part of owning a boat .

5. pkee@ymail.com

Just picked it up and thay still can't figure out what happen . Thay even called Tohatsue to akk if this has happened before . Thay said thay would look into it .
    Oo well , that part of owning a boat .

6. pkee@ymail.com

Update :
    It ran !
    Smoked a lot and flet like it did not have power . It even sounded different . Ran from the boat ramp to South Bay ( the furtherst South you can go . The tip of Texas ) 3 mile run . Fished for a couple of hours and put a 24 and 23" Red Fish in the dinner box .
    Started her up and it sounded a lot better and had full power again . The computer must have rest it self . Ran fine after that . She how she dose tomorrow . Going to run 30 miles North on the sand flats .
    [smiley=chicken.gif] [smiley=chicken.gif] [smiley=chicken.gif] [smiley=chicken.gif] [smiley=chicken.gif]