Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fullsizeoutput_9e29.jpeg
1st attempt at a stabilized wood grip.......CTS blank/Alps hardware........Definitely a bit on the heavy side........
fullsizeoutput_9e2e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_9e3c.jpeg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, but don't you think your stripping guides are on the tiny side? And is there only 1?
Nope......it casts just fine the way it is.........the guide train arrangement was taught to me by a friend of mine.....the fact that it isn't a traditional arrangement bothers a lot of people ..........and there are 3 strippers.....you just don't see them in the photos......but there is a 12 and 2 10's........

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
I like using higher profile stripping guides to help keep the line away from the blank and reduce friction. I used to use FUGI T-SVSG for stripping guides on all my CST builds. They are spinning rod guides so they have higher feet/profile and are light as a feather but unfortunately they have been discontinued.[/ATTACH]
741.JPG
742.JPG

·
I Love microskiff.com!
378 Posts
Nope......it casts just fine the way it is.........the guide train arrangement was taught to me by a friend of mine.....the fact that it isn't a traditional arrangement bothers a lot of people ..........and there are 3 strippers.....you just don't see them in the photos......but there is a 12 and 2 10's........
You have guides on the butt section?
Is this a graphite blank?
JC

·
I Love microskiff.com!
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have guides on the butt section?
Is this a graphite blank?
JC
Yes, strippers on the butt section......tames the line quicker when shooting line and I don't believe it adds additional friction to the line.....but that's just my personal opinion.......and it is a CTS graphite blank.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts