Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing seems to be slow in the 10K Islands lately. Reports of a more catches of catfish than just about anything else. Heard yesterday that perhaps all the rain and freshwater is the reason. Anybody have a take on this?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dunno from personal experience lately, but will post a report from a 3 day trip this coming weekend during the big tides. From previous big rains, the sweetwater pushes the bait offshore and the snook too. Get out of the freshwater plumes and you'll find hungry trout and reds.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,057 Posts
I fished most of last week on my vacation and the rain didn't slow us down. Friday was slow and I was catching catfish and lady fish on artificials. Ended up dropping cut lady fish on the bottom for a few small goliath grouper. Those things are a blast! Saturday wasn't too bad and I managed a inshore slam.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fishing outta Port O Isles last Friday the bite was sllooowwwwwww. Fished inside first part of the morning and that water was black as the ace of spades! so we shot outside to catch the incoming on some of the outer islands. Managed a few snook and a small red but overall pretty quiet out there. Summer time fishin down south can be a challenge but the amount of rain we got last week was insane, I think the fish are still adjusting...? Like another said, find some cleaner/lighter colored water and you should find fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts