SOLD/EXPIRED 06 40 tohatsu

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by marshman, May 21, 2008.

1. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

its not mine...and in louisiana, but hard to find...i think might be be priced a little high, but hey im just passing along the info...price is probably negotiable...well, he does say firm...but whatever...lol

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/classifieds.php?sec=classifieds&act=full&adID=35801#pictures74666

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Re: 06 40 tohatsu

Thats not the ~150lb model, its the 210lb version(which can be had new for about $800 more).

Just wanted to clarify.

The 150lb'ers are kickazz, lightweight mid hp motors though. I just picked up a nice 152lb, 50hp Nissan a few weeks ago, with no boat to put it on currently, because these types of motors are becoming very difficult to come by.

Josh

3. marshman

correct...its the tldi...(direct injection)...youre speaking of the regular carb'd version...even harder to come by..i was just passing it along....

4. captnron

captnron Guest

Carbed version is great for weight to HP ratio ;) @ 160 lbs

TLDI is just plain bad azzed. :cool: @ 210

5. marshman

Re:  06 40 tohatsu

yeah, well i have a 40 that will smoke either of them(well, maybe w/o the jet pump..thats getting taking care of on friday ;D ;D)...lol....no seriously..ive heard nothing but good things about the tldi's...

6. captnron

captnron Guest

Well then, I got $$$' that says it's not a "stock" 40 ;D ;D ;D I call it "a good tune up"

40/50/60 same power head. ;D Just say'n

You fit in nicely round here. :cool:

BTW, your going to kill it w/ da jet, aren't you?

7. marshman

its stock...guaranteed.. ;)..my 40 is comprised of all stock parts......might have a few parts from a 60, but its all stock....lol.....

the jet is on it now...coming off friday...putting a regular prop lower unit on it..gonna try it out on my tunnel...might be just messing with a good thing...my 25 really does well on that boat...

8. captnron

captnron Guest

Used to street race did ya? ;)

9. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

show me one "stock" thing on a racing "stock" car? :) I still don't quite understand why they call them stock cars. ;D

10. captnron

captnron Guest

Common deerfly. :-/ :-/ All the parts came from "stock" somewhere. ;)

11. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

40hp Nissan/tohatsu 160lbs aftermarket parts/tune up on my classic about 2 years ago 44.1 mph ;D suckers! ;)

12. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

No pictures no proof. Tell some new stories we have heard that one over and over :p

13. marshman

oh yeah, well my.......

seriously....im running 33 with a 25 on a 16 foot aluminum tunnel jon boat...fixing to swap to a really really strong running 3 cylinder 40 merc...i might hit 40??, woo-hoo...  [smiley=hammer.gif]

14. Flyline

U heard this from custom gheenoe in 2 years back! ;D

15. EATME

EATME Guest

Tom,I think we have hurd ALL of WhiteSnook's stories about a 1/2 Doz. times!!

16. Flyline

Yep! u got that right! ;)  I never shut up about it! ;D

17. tailchaser

tailchaser Well-Known Member

I've got a camo version of the boat that I built with a '85 M40C, carburated 2 cylinder tohatsu.. That thing is almost bullet proof.. I bought it used about 5 years ago.. At the beginning of last year it was getting hard to start cold. So, I did a compression check and  :'( 140psi in the bottom and 60psi in the top. When I pulled the head, I couldn't believe this thing was still running at all.  The steel pins that hold the two rings in place had put two holes right in the top of the piston.. Turns out that without a tachometer and an old prop, i was turnin the motor about 7300 rpm since I first got it.  

New wiseco pistons, rings and a minor 40 over bore, a tachometer install, and she's back on the riv. :cool:

I've got to say, between 6500 and 7200 rpm that thing is bad a$$.

18. Flyline

Now U know what I'm Talking about!  Tohatsu is a Badazz motor with CARB!

I been around too long around these motors.....seriously I have a nissan 40hp carb and tohatsu 40hp tpdi, never get rid of it!  I beat the crap of them and the motors are still alive!