SOLD/EXPIRED 03 HB Whip Pro Tunnel FS

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TailN, Apr 24, 2015.

1. TailN

TailN I Love microskiff.com!

Testing the market on my skiff, thinking about going a little bigger, Marquessa maybe. Garage kept in excellent condition. 

Features:
    Merc 60hp 4 stroke (around 350 hours)
    Elec trim/tilt and elec start
    Side console
    Jack Plate
    24 gallon fuel tank
    Mercury smartcraft guage
    Water pressure guage
    New hubs have never touched salt water
    Galvanized Ramlin trailer in excellent condition

Its a nice ride. PM me here or text me 407-625-2852

32K OBO
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

Nice boat. I remember calling on that whip when it was for sale down in the Naples area. The guy got cold feet and wouldn't sell it to me.

3. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

4. jonterr

jonterr I Love microskiff.com!

5. ratsix

ratsix Well-Known Member

It would make someone very very happy. I have a 17.8 T 2002 or I would buy it now. That is going to become more of a rare find in the early HB years.

6. BCPD199

BCPD199 I Love microskiff.com!

What a beautiful boat. I wish that had been for sale a couple of weeks ago. That was exactly what I was looking for, although I can't complain since I picked up a low hour, original owner Gordon Waterman!

I would think long and hard before selling. You'll have a hard time replacing that.

commtrd likes this.
  7. Lifeaquatic

Lifeaquatic I Love microskiff.com!

I fished in Rat Six's 02 Hells Bay 17.8 Tunnel last week and it was amazing where that skiff could get you.  The tunnel allows the skiff to run in only inches and can jump up in the same.  These are great skiffs and someone is going to be very happy.

commtrd likes this.
  8. TailN

Thanks gentlemen. I've had more than a few texts on this skiff, so plenty of interest. Fiqured I would put some of the answers up for everyone.

1. No it has not been redone by Glasser, or anyone. The Whip is in Spectacular original condition.

2. It is the original 24/25 gallon fuel tank. In great shape. No issues.

3. No, I haven't taken it out in 5' seas, so I couldn't comment on performance. Guess I'm just a big wuss!! It is a shallow water masterpiece, that can cut chop like butter, poles anywhere you want to be.

4. Top speed is 40mph @ 5800 rpm with 1 angler 1/2 tank of fuel (GPS). With 2 anglers and all day gear it's probably 36-37. I have pics to prove it. Not sure where it would be with 3 anglers. Usually 3 is a crowd when your trying to throw flys.

My favorite question (no names mentioned)
    1. No, I won't take you fishing for a few days in LA just to see if your interested in the skiff. Unless you pay for the gas, hotels, and meals. Then yep I'm in. Heck after that I don't care if you like it or not.

Thanks guys, keep the questions coming and I'll do my best to answer them. Got lots of pics too.

TonyY likes this.
  9. Jsparacino@holmana

Jsparacino@holmana Flamingo is my paradice !!

Beautiful boat - someone is going to get a really nice skiff!!!! LOVE THE COLOR!

10. TailN

11. Capt.Ron

Capt.Ron I Love microskiff.com!

Prolly one of the best skiffs ever made, my best friend has guided in La out of one since he bought it brand new in 02' when the prices were a bit different. They will take almost anything you throw at them " within reason".

12. TailN

Just changed out the bilge pump and the bait pump yesterday. Will be replacing a few of the shock cords this week. The skiff is in phenomenal condition. Had it sold to a guy in Vero until he realized the trailer is galvanized not aluminum. He educated me that without an aluminum trailer, the package is flawed. Says it doesn't matter that the galvanized Ramlin is in great condition. I guess you catch more fish if the boat sits on softer metal. So now that I've been educated I've decided to lower the price to 30K. Have a great week everyone!!

13. hferrell87

hferrell87 Well-Known Member

Aka- he needed an excuse

14. fishman

fishman I Love microskiff.com!

The buyer was full of S#it about the trailer material. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I bet his wife wouldn't let him buy it. He must be P-whipped.

15. coconutgroves

coconutgroves Well-Known Member

You are better off then not selling it to him.  You don't want to sell it to someone who already knows everything - you won't be able to be at peace that such a nice boat is being used by such a wang.  That was him on land, imagine him on the water!

I am being crass in a joking way obviously, but the guy doesn't know what he's talking about and that isn't something to use as leverage in a sale.  Shoot, I've seen aluminum trailers crack due to tension more than galvanized ones.

commtrd likes this.
  16. TailN

People are amazing. i def underestimated the number of D-bags who are looking for new skiffs.

The Whip is still available, if your looking for a like new, early all original HB Whip Pro T, you won't find one better than this one, I guarantee it.

17. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I wouldn't lower the price due to the trailer. As long as it's a clean working trailer that's all that matters. It's only purpose is to get your boat from point a to point b. Also when I have an aluminum trailer at any boat ramp I am more worried about theft as they stand out to thieves. I have had both types of trailers last the equal amount of time and have seen aluminum trailers in bad condition due to owners neglect.

18. TailN

[​IMG]

Cold Compression check done, 186-190 PSI across the board.

19. TailN

3 brand new radial tires done this week.

20. Capt.Ron

Capt.Ron I Love microskiff.com!

I wish I could get it, and Rig it like Gary Taylors Professional