SOLD/EXPIRED '02 Waterman 18 (not mine) on FS

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by pfibiger@gmail.com, Apr 26, 2013.

1. pfibiger@gmail.com

pfibiger@gmail.com I Love microskiff.com!

I ran across this and thought someone here might be interested:

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?108161-F-S-Hells-Bay-Waterman-18

2. GoldSpoon

GoldSpoon I Love microskiff.com!

He's proud of it too!

3. cant ever understand why people put heave 4 strokes on skinny water boats thats like always having a extra person on board!

4. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

Some people enjoy having a warranty and a new motor.

5. This has been for sale in the past and needs a lot of work. 15k maybe.

What's worse........having this Skiff owned by a 75 year old or a 25 year old?  :D

6. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

What kind of work does it need? I can see that it needs a Poling Platform, but does it need anything major?

7. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

I would have all the 'old person stuff' removed and holes filled, sanded and repainted. As well as add a platform.

8. richard12

richard12 I Love microskiff.com!

Does anyone know where the boat is located?

9. Snookdaddy

Delray Beach and sale is pending.. Not me, but I talked to the guy.

10. Nothing major, but would think at least 2-3K. I had a 16' 2001 for a few years until I wanted to redo it and was looking at the above plus a new Ramlin Trailer.............. It wasn't worth to me what I wanted done and Sold it.

They go fast for a reason! 2002 18' Waterman Hull weighed 410lbs and 2013 Version weighs 610lbs. ::)

11. Snookdaddy

It's quite comical when someone chimes in, but hasn't a clue what they're talking about.. I'll leave it at that..

For the record, I'd take a skiff that has been babied by a 75 year old over a ragged out POS run by a 25 year old any day of the week!

I don't mean any disrespect, as I know most of the younger forum members know and respect the value of a dollar and don't trash their boats, but Brazil posed the question, so I felt compelled to answer..

I tend to keep up to date on Gordons and HB's that are up for sale, as I have a few friends looking to buy one... Where exactly have you seen this boat for sale before the FS post?

I'm sure we would all like to know...

12. Do we all agree that the market dictates Price? Yes, but I wouldn't pay what someone paid for that Skiff. No need to defend "value" if your friend bought the Skiff just as their is no reason for you to defend yourself that selling both your Skiffs at the same time seemed like a good idea if just for a few hours.

I have seen enough "Older Drivers" scrape their car against the shopping cart corals at Home Depot to think stuff like that probably happens on a regular basis. The incident reports of driving @ 75 years old pretty much confirms what I know we all see.

My Clue?

13. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

If your so concerned with age then maybe you should tell Flip Pallot he is too old to fish  :D Probably one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen regarding the purchase of a skiff...

If anything at all, an older owner would be the best person to buy a used HB from. It more than likely has been well taken care of and pampered. Aside from all the shopping cart rash along the sides of course ;D

14. richard12

richard12 I Love microskiff.com!

What year did they start using the new gas tank design?

15. And the adventure begins!

16. Snookdaddy

We'll I checked it out and I ended up buying the skiff:

* The boat had never been listed for sale anywhere else and didn't need any work.

In fact:
    * The boat has only has 116 original hours (verified by computer at my Mercury dealer)
    * Always stored inside a rental storage unit and never left out overnight. Old wives don't let their old husbands out on the water at night..
    * Gelcoat shines like new and all hatches are showroom clean.
    * Less than 500 miles on the trailer..

I've looked at a ton of Hells Bay skiffs over the years, for myself and for friends that were looking to purchase one and this is the cleanest used Hells Bay I've ever seen.  This Waterman could easily be mistaken for a 2012 Water... It's that clean!

Here's a few pictures of the Waterman 18 that "needed a lot of work"... ;D ;D ;D

The only "work" that I did to the boat was installing a poling platform, my Minn Kota i pilot trolling motor and some aluminum wheels..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

good on ya snook ,congrats..
    tell the rest o' nuts to suck it!! ;)

18. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I'm jealous... Congrats!! Beautiful skiff.

19. grovesnatcher

grovesnatcher Well-Known Member

I tried to get it too. But you beat me to it, he seemed like a nice man. Tight lines great boat :)

20. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member