Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I rarely go down this road of posting my political opinion, but screw it. This thread is already so far derailed I might as well add fuel to the fire.

As a southern republican that when to school in Boston, I believe the problem with politics, especially the democratic party, is the use of identity politics versus policy. The democratic party has created a marketing campaign backed by emotion that creates separation. Every issue becomes a race, education, or other social impact issue that someone can attach their identity to which creates a huge backlash and clouded judgement. I was shocked to see how many people thought I was racist and uneducated just because I voted republican. It is a shame that the current environment in today's politics strike so much fear and separation amongst the people of this country. The news outlets don't even report the news anymore. That changed back in the 60's when news companies changed to a for-profit business. Now it is all about the clicks they get by conveying a message that drives people to their articles. As Smack said, it's brainwashing.

Now, from the republican point of view towards democrats. A lot of republicans get upset with democrats for their viewpoints. With that said, it really isn't their faults. The fault lies at the top. It is really easy to get caught up in social media or news since it is masterfully designed to prey on your inner thoughts. My thoughts are to show compassion for people that share these separative view points because they really haven't thought for themselves. They don't have an identity outside of their political views so they put all their emotion into defending them. I saw it first hand when I lived in the northeast. A lot of judgment was passed down just because where I was from. I spent time sharing my views and with people that actually wanted to get to know me.

If someone is so far down the brainwashed rabbit hole and can't create their own opinions, they probably don't deserve your time. That can go for republicans and democrats. Source your own news from places that aren't financially backed by business or politics.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Oh yeah, that officer was tasked with protecting congress in the face of an out of control mob attacking the V.P. and other members. I’ll bet that you would have dropped your weapon and run the other direction like a little bitch!
I would love to see your acne-faced weasel ass mouth off to some of these Texas boys to their faces. You’re the definition of a keyboard warrior: nothing constructive to say, just low blow trolling. what color are the drapes in mommy’s basement?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
He has the right to do whatever he wants with his business and his money. Just like Peter Thiel, Arianna Huffington, the Koch Brothers and the rest of them. Whatever his politics he has been a very successful businessman and gotten to do a lot of cool shit for a guy who started out as a dirt bag climber and blacksmith! I like patagonia gear but is beyond what I'm willing to pay at this point in life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh yeah, that officer was tasked with protecting congress in the face of an out of control mob attacking the V.P. and other members. I’ll bet that you would have dropped your weapon and run the other direction like a little bitch!
She was unarmed and he shot through a door into an unknown target. He is also known to be an unresponsible officer who lost his firearm at least 2 times. Once, he left it in the bathroom. He should not have even had a job that allowed him to be armed. He should be prosecuted just like the officer who killed the Criminal, George Floyd.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Finally looked at this post, going back to the OP. I was buying Patagonia stuff back in the 80's because it was gear that actually worked outdoors. Going into the 90's and then the 2000's their stuff started going downhill - and it was always super pricey. Recently I glanced through one of their catalogs, while Trump was president. They were going off about how that man was gonna destroy the planet - he was going to allow the Pebble Mine to move forward and it was going to be bad, like super bad, like end of the planet type stuff, and how could we allow this man to be president. Next thing I know, the Trump admin denies Pebble Creek the permit they wanted. So does that mean Trump is not the boogie man now? I'm confused? And then before that, additionally, Trump signed into law the Great American Outdoors Act, which was absolutely landmark outdoor conservation legislation. So ... ... ... Yvon Chouinard may have been cool at one point, but now I can't trust Patagonia, I think they lied to me.

·
Registered
2004 Beavertail B2
38 Posts
I absolutely love MS!! The ability to speak freely and express your opinion with out fear of political retaliation is what separates America from 90% of the world….. ironically, I can’t turn a blind eye to the fact that political censorship has now become commonplace, and now we are seeing the weaponizing of the government towards its political opposition. We all need to remember that our freedom came at a great cost, and it may require it again. Ask yourself - do I want to live in a world where @The Fin can’t speak his mind? I think not. Let’s go fish when you’re in Hawaii.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country,"

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
16,773 Posts
I absolutely love MS!! The ability to speak freely and express your opinion with out fear of political retaliation is what separates America from 90% of the world….. ironically, I can’t turn a blind eye to the fact that political censorship has now become commonplace, and now we are seeing the weaponizing of the government towards its political opposition. We all need to remember that our freedom came at a great cost, and it may require it again. Ask yourself - do I want to live in a world where @The Fin can’t speak his mind? I think not. Let’s go fish when you’re in Hawaii.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country,"
He and the others can speak their minds and I will not hold back with my responses. I think that holding back is one big reason we are where we are in the USA today.

·
Registered
2004 Beavertail B2
38 Posts
He and the others can speak their minds and I will not hold back with my responses. I think that holding back is one big reason we are where we are in the USA today.
100% in agreement on this. The ability to speak freely is the cornerstone of a free society, regardless of how unpopular the subject matter might be. @Smackdaddy53 you definitely gotta hit me up next trip to Oahu. 🤙🏼🤙🏼

·
Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
6,192 Posts
For you electric car wackos how would you get home this was my road 2 days ago some holes are 4 feet you gotta have a 4x4
Water Plant Road surface Sky Fluvial landforms of streams
Water Water resources Sky Plant Motor vehicle
and know where to go. Bring your Tesla I dare you. The road made our local news multiple people get stuck daily
Water Sky Water resources Plant Cloud

Attachments

121 - 137 of 137 Posts