Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
107 Posts
I messaged the guy on a price for this and never heard back. 🤷‍♂️ My buddy has one sitting on the side of my house right now, ready to be restored. Love these hulls.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Gonna be saweeeeeet! One of my all time favorites right there! A true classic! 🤙

Reactions: BWest

·
Wish'n I was Fish'n!
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a 1972 hull built in Crystal River.

I’m planning on closing in the transom and putting the Yamaha F115 that came off my Marquesa on a Porta bracket with integral power pole mount. Plus a removable four step dive ladder. No trim tabs.

Deck across stern with rod and dry storage underneath, and raised helm on top.

Bench seat across front of rear deck with dry storage for clients stuff under seat.

2nd bench seat with insulated bait & live wells under seat, and raw water hose storage

Raised front deck will have freshwater wash down tank/pump, two insulated cooler/fish boxes, and pfd dry storage.

Although everything is subject to change as I look at other builds and talk with other guides.

next step is finding trailer

·
Rex Kwan Do Dojo
1,972 Posts
Nice find Mike! Do you think after restore, new stringers, transom, etc the F115 will be enough power? T top, 1/2 tower?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,185 Posts
May not be. I'm not totally up on the early Pro-Line models. Most of my tests were done on boats in the later years.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Nice find Mike! Do you think after restore, new stringers, transom, etc the F115 will be enough power? T top, 1/2 tower?
The late Captain Marvin Williams ran one for years here in Homosassa with a 90 2smoke. I think if built light it’ll run!

Reactions: MariettaMike

·
Carpe Diem
1,627 Posts
For a rebuild, I'd avoid a tower or anything that will add significant weight. Excess weight on these hulls will ruin the qualities that make them so nice. I cringe when I see $60,000 refurbs of these hulls running monster towers, huge multiple live wells and sporting brackets with 300 hp motors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts