microskiff.com - do more with less
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Find Us On Facebook  Follow Microskiff.com on Twitter
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Dragonfly boatworks Marsh Hen (Read 18513 times)
brahma island
Forum Member

THE HICK LIFE!!!!!!!!

BRAHMA ISLAND & CEDAR KEY
Re: Dragonfly boatworks Marsh Hen
Reply #30 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:12pm

After Hours2 wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:49pm:
Quality skiff= quality price tag. Pretty sure this skiff was not designed to compete with your average Gheenoe. If you can't afford it, then look elsewhere. There are plenty of mediocre price and quality builders out there in the same size range. Go with them if you don't have the dough. However, put them side by side and I'm sure the difference will be apparent...

yeah boooooy!!!

IP Logged

Support those who support microskiff.com.
paint it black
Forum Member

Paddling away...

South FL
Reply #31 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:26pm

Quick Poll...

How many Venganza 13's have been sold? What about HB Skate's?
This will follow the same path. If HB can't pull this off, I don't see DragonFly Succeeding...... If they do, more power to them. They build a nice skiff. 

I have never seen a DragonFly boat out on the water............

WWW facebook.com/tailingloop  
IP Logged

brahma island
Forum Member

THE HICK LIFE!!!!!!!!

BRAHMA ISLAND & CEDAR KEY
Reply #32 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:46pm

those who can BUY,,those who cant whine that it cost to much

IP Logged

DuckNut
Forum Member

Brandon, FL

Reply #33 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:48pm

Quote:
I have never seen a DragonFly boat out on the water
Fixed it for you PIB

I personally don't think they will focus alot of energy on this one.  Rather have it available as a custom order build.  It can probably be built in a weekend and then hoist the mold up in the rafters until the next order.

It is a sharp little skiff and I hope they can sell a few.

IP Logged

After Hours2
Forum Member

Legend in my own Mind!

Orlando
Reply #34 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:57pm

I'm sure that they will probably sell a few but never flood the market. It's going to be a limited sales rig for sure. Another thing to take in to consideration, HB has been making/selling rigs for a while now and are very successful at what they do. Nothing different here, except Dragon is actually at an affordable level. Affordable to one is not the same to another. But normally, those who have to brag are the ones who don't have two nickels to rub... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

CasaCola
Forum Member

Reply #35 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:12pm

After Hours2 wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:57pm:
I'm sure that they will probably sell a few but never flood the market. It's going to be a limited sales rig for sure. Another thing to take in to consideration, HB has been making/selling rigs for a while now and are very successful at what they do. Nothing different here, except Dragon is actually at an affordable level. Affordable to one is not the same to another. But normally, those who have to brag are the ones who don't have two nickels to rub... Roll Eyes

Well said...

The only Dragon Fly I have seen in person is this
http://www.dragonflypaddleboards.com/fly-fisher/

Its well made and is a little more than a pro angler. I rather have the Fly but my outback will do for now.

IP Logged

topnative2
Forum Member

blue ridge
Reply #36 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 8:19pm

brahma island wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:46pm:

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Roll Eyes

God help this nation.

IP Logged

kreepa
Forum Member
Banned Member

don't let common sense
get in your way

southern jersey
Reply #37 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 9:18pm

being "in the boat biz" :
i too often have "sticker shock" when i see prices...

i'm pretty sure client's have the same reaction,when i give an estimate...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jim.anderson.3597  
IP Logged

paint it black
Forum Member

Paddling away...

South FL
Reply #38 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:22pm

I dropped more than that on my Copperhead cash......Those who can, do what they please. I know I got three times the boat.

WWW facebook.com/tailingloop  
IP Logged

Brett
Pro Staff

Palm Coast, Florida
Reply #39 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:49pm

Those who can, BUY...Those who can't, whine!
And those who can't whine, build their own... Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:52pm by Brett »  

todays bumper sticker...

Does this truck make my neck look red?

IP Logged

oysterbreath
Forum Member

Orlando
Reply #40 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:02pm

I'm sure there is a condescending label that could be place on the kinda folk whom make that sort of comment but I won't go there with a fellow Microskiffer whose got a sweet boat on order. Instead, I'll explain it this way. I think it comes down to perspective for a lot more folk here than you probably realize. For some more frugal minded people, such as myself, I actually quantify and quality differences between similar products before purchasing. Well, for certain items!!! I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't make that disclaimer. For me, sometimes the added quality of an Item can't Justify the extra $$$! This is especially true for my TOYS! Although I have a great deal of respect for Dragonfly Boatworks, I seriously doubt that there will be significant performance differences between this micro and one of the more economically priced skiffs such as the shadowcast. I have no doubt that the fit and finish will be greater. Dragonfly skiff are mini yatchs. THAT is where you and I probably differ! I couldn't spend 13K on a boat that size NOT because I can't afford it but because I know what I'm going to do with it. I'm gonna abuse the heck out of it!  All of that “higher level of fit and finish” means nothing when the exterior get scratched up OFTEN! I and maybe a few others here don't want a yatch! We want a workboat with a little visual appeal to it. To someone who can't appreciated the “finner” things in a boat because he's too busy trying not to bounce off too many logs in puzzel lake, all those big dollar details go unappreciated and inevitably unwanted!

Brett wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:49pm:
LOL good one!
I'm reminded of those "Real men...blah blah blah" bumper stickers. I dislike them cause it sounds like a cheap elitist selfserving shot. Maybe as a joke we should have one that says, "Real men build their own dang boat!" lol I would never have one though...
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:13pm by oysterbreath »  

IP Logged

dispo
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reply #41 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:09pm

This skiff is already drawing attention Grin

IP Logged

Absolut Phiend
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #42 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:30am

After Hours2 wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:57pm:

x2

IP Logged

Absolut Phiend
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #43 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:34am

oysterbreath wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:02pm:

I'm sure there is a condescending label that could be place on the kinda folk whom make that sort of comment but I won't go there with a fellow Microskiffer whose got a sweet boat on order. Instead, I'll explain it this way. I think it comes down to perspective for a lot more folk here than you probably realize. For some more frugal minded people, such as myself, I actually quantify and quality differences between similar products before purchasing. Well, for certain items!!! I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't make that disclaimer. For me, sometimes the added quality of an Item can't Justify the extra $$$! This is especially true for my TOYS! Although I have a great deal of respect for Dragonfly Boatworks, I seriously doubt that there will be significant performance differences between this micro and one of the more economically priced skiffs such as the shadowcast. I have no doubt that the fit and finish will be greater. Dragonfly skiff are mini yatchs. THAT is where you and I probably differ! I couldn't spend 13K on a boat that size NOT because I can't afford it but because I know what I'm going to do with it. I'm gonna abuse the heck out of it!  All of that “higher level of fit and finish” means nothing when the exterior get scratched up OFTEN! I and maybe a few others here don't want a yatch! We want a workboat with a little visual appeal to it. To someone who can't appreciated the “finner” things in a boat because he's too busy trying not to bounce off too many logs in puzzel lake, all those big dollar details go unappreciated and inevitably unwanted!

Brett wrote on Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:49pm:
LOL good one!
I'm reminded of those "Real men...blah blah blah" bumper stickers. I dislike them cause it sounds like a cheap elitist selfserving shot. Maybe as a joke we should have one that says, "Real men build their own dang boat!" lol I would never have one though...

Well said, and my sentiment exactly.  It's not about being able to afford it, which I've said before I'm sure many here can.  It's about what the intended purpose of the boat is.

IP Logged

cut runner
Global Moderator

Cert. Yamaha technician

stuart fl
Reply #44 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:34pm

Haha your kidding right?

All i deal with is 1%ers...
90% of them whine about price.
We have them whine about how their annual service on triple F350's cost $4000.

But when we drop their TENDER back off at the Rybovich yard and tie it back up to their 300' yacht with 2 helicopter pads,  i somehow lose compasion Roll Eyes

....                                  1985 Hobie powerskiff.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Advertisement