Send Topic Print
Towee Boats (Read 15158 times)
poleposition
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Crescent Beach
Re: Towee Boats
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:54pm

Only thing resembling a Gheen is the chines on the view from the azz, but I expected soom comments like that.
Nice boat Me likee! Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:55pm by poleposition »  
IP Logged

Support those who support microskiff.com.
Rooster
Forum Member

Towee Boats RiverMaster

Roswell, GA
Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 8:43am

It has definite Scott Boat lineage - I was looking at a Scott Boat in the past when this boat presented itself. Towee has made some improvements on the under hull, I believe (runs surprisingly well in a chop), no wood (unlike Scott Boat), and the composite and fit and finish are leagues above a Scott Boat.

IP Logged

Brett
Pro Staff

Palm Coast, Florida
Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 8:43am

kbuch312 wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 10:52pm:
That looks just like a Scott Canoe Duck Boat made in Canada.  See this:

http://www.scottcanoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=51&Itemi...

Nice skiff nevertheless.
KMB

Sure looks a lot alike...

Scott-16.JPG (41 KB | )
Scott-16.JPG

todays bumper sticker...

Eat healthy, Exercise daily
Avoid alcohol, Never smoke
Die anyways!

IP Logged

10 Weight
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

McMinnville TN
Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 9:07am

Brett and KMB,

I hesitate to jump in here as I really like to see the feedback on the River Master and my general policy is to stay pretty quite, but to address your comments; Yes, they do look very much alike from 30 feet away - and for good reason. As Rooster mentioned, they share some of the same lineage and there was even a relationship between the two groups at one time. There have been 3 companies (that I know of) who have produced variations on this general design with widly different results in both performance and quality.

That said, put them side by side and there really is no comparison - the Towee is a far superior skiff. Rooster is one of the the few folks who has actually seen both boats first hand.

We were at a show in Panama City Beach recently and we plan to get a skiff down for a Microskiff review in the coming months. We'd also be happy to bring one down to Central FL for a demo day if we had enough folks who were interested.

IP Logged

Rooster
Forum Member

Towee Boats RiverMaster

Roswell, GA
Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 12:11pm

I second that and want to confirm what 10 weight says. I stopped by a dealership for Scott up in Ohio a little over a year ago, as I had seen the ad in Drake Magazine and really liked the looks of the design. Upon seeing the boat, I felt that it was pretty "rough" in fit and finish, but a nice basic design nonetheless. When I saw the Towee version at the fishing show I was blown away by the difference and bought a boat shortly thereafter. I have been so impressed not only with the product, but also the support from the company in asnwering every little question that I had had on this and that. I also experienced a problem with bearing buddies on the Tennessee Trailer that I bought with the boat (see under post for Maintenence - Bearing Buddie Problem). Even though this problem was totally not the responsibility of Tennessee Trailer, they sent me two brand new Bearing Buddies free of charge and no shipping. If you are looking for a skiff of this type; this is a fine company to work with to get you the design that fits your purpose. Always glad to answer anyones questions and looking forward to corresponding with some more RiverMaster 16 Owners!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Advertisement