Send Topic Print
Fin & Feather Boats (Read 11311 times)
LA-spoolspinner
Forum Member

wishin I was fishin ---------<;(((><

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Fin & Feather Boats
Feb 14th, 2011 at 10:16pm

This is probably "old hat" for you folks, but I saw a "Fin & Feather" here down in south Louisiana and would love to find one to buy.  Does anyone know if the company is still in business?  Would anyone suggest something comparable?  I already have an 18ft flats boat, but cant stop thinking about this little boat.  If not a "Fin & Feather", then what?  A Gheenoe?   Hook me up with advice and links....THX

<;(((><

IP Logged

Support those who support microskiff.com.
SILENT STALKER FL
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Re: Fin & Feather Boats
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 10:57pm

From what I can tell the company went out of business. But I found this in craigslist in the tampa section just punch in fin and feather under the boats section. Good Luck and jump on it.

Hard-to-find Fin and Feather flats boat in excellent condition. 1998 hull and 25 Johnson outboard with trim/tilt, manual jackplate. Motor looks like it just came out of the box. Rolls aluminum trailer, offset console (you can stand and run the boat), Morse control, poling platform, Minn Kota trolling motor, Birdsall TM mount, interior lighting and running lights, live well, Bimini top. Great boat for shallow-water fishing, exploring. Call (352) 447-2789.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2171562809

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.terms

IP Logged

Gramps_
Forum Member

Living & Dying in 3/4
Time

Headin' to Houston
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 11:07pm

My understanding is the same as Silent Stalker, the company is out of business.  With that said you can still find them for sale fairly often, a few forum members here own them. Depending on the model Gheenoe's (Titusville, FL)  & Riverhawk's (Winder, GA) are similar.  What model/layout are you looking for?

These types of boats are not very common from what I've found outside of Florida & Georgia. Not sure why, the waters seem pretty similar.

The outlaw or pirate mindset is very liberating and free of stress.
IP Logged

LA-spoolspinner
Forum Member

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 7:13am

There is one for sale around here locally on Ebay (item #160546463338) which surprised me.  I like that layout but would love to see what other models were made.  I guess i just have to search around and see what i can dig up.

IP Logged

LA-spoolspinner
Forum Member

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 7:15am

Another pic

IP Logged

LA-spoolspinner
Forum Member

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 7:16am

Last one

IP Logged

Yancey
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Fern Bch, FL
Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 8:30am

I don't know too much about these, but they are sharp looking. I know SouthBound Chicken on here has one that's pretty badazz. Maybe he'll be able to offer some advice.

IP Logged

Gramps_
Forum Member

Living & Dying in 3/4
Time

Headin' to Houston
Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 9:22am

That looks like an awfully good setup LA, I take it you're near New Orleans?  Huh  If you are in the position & want it go take a look and make the guy a cash offer. Ebay & PayPal kill you on fee's for large items.  I had a Gheenoe which is a similar hull shape to the F&F and enjoyed fishing the skinny with it.

I dig the newer motor & middgy center console.  Grin

IP Logged

finandfeather
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 10:21am

I have a 99' Fin & Feather, one of the last hulls they built before they went out of business in 99'...I have the 16' model but had it custom built without a console & run a 25 mercury tiller on it....Awesome little skiff that is built solid and will float in about 4-5" with two people on board...What's nice about these boats is that they have a finished interior with plenty of storage & large livewell...The tiller model gives you plenty of room....PM me if you have any questions...I actually have the original brochure from 98'-99' if you would like a copy I would be more than happy to send you a copy.  Take care & good luck on your search...It will definitely be difficult to find one.  You may seriously want to consider the one on Ebay. Otherwise, you never know, I may consider selling mine as I have been thinking about going bigger.

IP Logged

After Hours2
Forum Member

Legend in my own Mind!

Orlando
Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 10:30am

I recently owned one the exact same from the pics above  Roll Eyes It was a 96 and had original 96 suzuki on it. Overall, it was a good little flats boat. The only drawback I had was when it got a little choppy then you were going to get soaked. I have heard others claiming theirs are super dry boats but my hull must have been different in 96 because the lack of being able to motor in super small chop is what forced me to sell it. If your looking at the 96 hull design then I would surely water test well in some choppy water to make sure it does not do the same. Don't be scared away by my comments because at the end of the day it is a great flats fishing machine in the right conditions.  Wink

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:11am

did somebody say fin and feather ?  Cool here ya go, a pic of mine
its a sweet little boat if i do say so myself and seldom do i take it out and not get a compliment on her  Wink i've got a lil knowledge on them and always looking to learn more but like others have said the company was in the bartow  area of florida and is now outta business Sad too bad cause these were slick little inshore boats, the fact that they have a liner in them makes them a pretty ridge boat and i can only speak for mine but she slices thru the chop with hardly a shutter Tongue one difference between them are the earlier ones have a bow that mimics a gheenoe where as mine is different

now i'm not knocking the gheenoes at all but this little boat will give any gheenoe out there a run for the money so if you have the chance to pick one up i would do it in a heart beat for sure  Cool

...    definition of a fisherman: a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end    

IP Logged

LA-spoolspinner
Forum Member

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 9:22pm

I appreciate all the info guys.  It has been a really big help.  The thing I need to know now is what a fair price would be for this boat.  Being so unique, I would never know what a fair market value would be - considering excellent shape for hull and motor would someone at least get me in the ball park?  I might just make the drive to go look at this boat - cash in hand...uh wallet, or brown paper bag.

IP Logged

Gramps_
Forum Member

Living & Dying in 3/4
Time

Headin' to Houston
Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 9:32pm

Here is one in Florida http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/2195678145.html

Last year here on the forum one sold, last asking price $5,000 http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1252109469/0

I would say it's about in the right range, depending on how motivated the seller is would determine my offer.

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #13 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 7:58am

[quote

Last year here on the forum one sold, last asking price $5,000 http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1252109469/0

[/quote]

thats my boat gramps  Wink Cool

...    definition of a fisherman: a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end    

IP Logged

finandfeather
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #14 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 8:18am

Most of the Fin & Feather boats that I have seen over the past couple of years (which I can count them on one hand) have been in the $4k+ range...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Advertisement