microskiff.com - do more with less
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Find Us On Facebook  Follow Microskiff.com on Twitter
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SOLD - 2002 Hells Bay Whipray For Sale (Read 11239 times)
minnow
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

SOLD - 2002 Hells Bay Whipray For Sale
Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:35pm

2002 Hell’s Bay Whipray
Powered by 2005 50hp Mercury w/ 4-blade power tech prop on Bob’s Hydraulic jack plate (probably 350-400 hours) has no mechanical issues and had a recent check up when I replaced plugs and fuel pump
North Star AGM cranking battery with onboard charge (same thing as odyssey batteries only different company, no fluid necessary)
24v Minn Kota 65 lbs thrust w/remote (removable) with 2 North Star AGM batteries and onboard charger
Power Pole 6’ with remote (has small leak in exterior fitting but never hindered performance)
21 ft Stiffy Hybrid push pole (not pictured) plastic tip and foot
Front casting platform w/ seadek and removable SS rod holder (not pictured)
Fly line toe rails
18 Gallon gas tank powder coated and installed just over a year ago (Old one was original and developed a small leak. HB said it was an issue with original design and did the work on new one.)
2 Kicker speakers (can get annoying loud if necessary) with iPod/smart phone plug in (for Pandora users) connected to a JBL Marine amp (controlled by dedicated power switch)
YETI 45 quart cooler with dry rack and seat cushion
Mini tower with backrest for forward passenger(s)
Garmin GPSmap 441s with sounder (Sounder is useless if you drive this boat where it was meant to be driven. Works great elsewhere)
12v acc outlet on console (helps keep phone/ipod charged while listening to music)
Hydraulic steering (sea star)
Stainless wheel with custom 550 cord wrap (two-tone color) I did it myself and do them as a hobby if you’re interested let me know
Lenco trim tabs (no hydraulics=no problems)
Sea Claw anchor (with line and bag) 5lb TRUST ME IT WORKS AWESOME!!!!
“bail out bag” with Flares, fuses, chem. Lights, first aid etc (I’m a bit of a pessimist) I’m also selling boat with 2 life jackets and one throw cushion
6 rod tubes (will handle fly rods for you guys who like to make things more difficult…  Cool
Poling platform has a removable SS rod holder and a removable cushion to lean on while you drive
Rear seat cushion
Auto bilge pump
Bait well (size unknown but I never said “hey I need a bigger bait well”) with pump and power bubbler
Pop-up SS cleats
Ramlin Trailer with newer hubs and removable tongue (with spare) break lights/ taillights work fine
19900.00 make’s her yours.
Guys you can’t imagine how bad this hurts to sell her. Anyone who said, “The happiest days with a boat are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it” never met me. This boat has everything, and it all works. This boat has been fished on the east coast, west coast and The Keys. Every time I take it somewhere it turns heads and more importantly has proven rock solid reliable. The boat has less than what you would expect for normal wear and tear for a boat its age. I keep it in outstanding condition just ask my jealous wife.
It jumps up on plane in nothing and tops out at about 29mph with 2 people beer, gas, and gear. I cruise it across the flat at 20 mph (I’m not a speed freak). The jack plate and 4 blade prop are the key to this boat. It floats in almost nothing and runs in the same.
I know people who are interested will have questions so please post them in this forum string so everyone can see the answers. NO TIRE KICKERS….PERIOD. I’m reasonable, but not gullible. H20 tests for serious buyers. I get paid all year to detect people’s “Bull $h!t” so please don’t bring it when you come see the boat.
If you buy it please tow it away quickly and disregard me in your rearview mirror crying like a baby  Cry. Selling her because I will get little to no use out of her in the next two years. It would crush me to see it sit and not be on the water.
Cell 407 908 2528
or send message
minnow

« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2011 at 8:38am by iMacattack »  

IP Logged

Support those who support microskiff.com.
minnow
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Re: 2002 Hells Bay Whipray For Sale
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:50pm

sorry guys I've tried to get this photobucket thing working several times and no go.
minnow

IP Logged

Eastcoast1
Forum Member

Central Fl.
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 11:29pm

Guys-I have personally fished and ridden in this skiff and it is definitely worth its weight in gold!  What you see is what you get.  The guy has put multiple hours into making this great boat even better.  I wish I could talk him out of selling it or buy it myself (although he would be in garage all the time reminiscing making me crazy) Cheesy, but unfortunately what has to be done has to be done  Cry !!!  If you have ever thought about owning a Whipray do yourself a favor and at least take a look at this one in person.  Smiley

It is easy to be brave from a distance!!!

IP Logged

microtom
YaBB Administrator
Founding Member

Founder of Microskiff,
Member of the Gheenoe
Army

Longwood, FL
Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 7:15am

I fixed your photos. When you bring them over from photobucket select the option that uses the IMG tag. It should look like this.

Code:
[img]http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/mpsig13/100_1674.jpg[/img]

"the smaller the boat, the more you will use it" - CleanSlate
WWW microtom geekp0wer geekp0wer  
IP Logged

minnow
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 8:00am

Quote:
I fixed your photos. When you bring them over from photobucket select the option that uses the IMG tag. It should look like this.

Thanks for the assist.
minnow

IP Logged

Eastcoast1
Forum Member

Central Fl.
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 4:09am

Bump for a sweet ride.

It is easy to be brave from a distance!!!

IP Logged

Soggy Dollar
Forum Member

St. Simons Island, GA
Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:51pm

Great looking Boat...   2 or four stroke?

IP Logged

minnow
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 10:37pm

Soggy Dollar wrote on Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:51pm:
Great looking Boat...   2 or four stroke?

It's a 2 stroke

minnow

IP Logged

backbone
Forum Member

Brandon
Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 4:01pm

How long is it with the removable tongue off?

"don't wake me Bro!"

IP Logged

minnow
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #9 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 7:46am

backbone wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 4:01pm:
How long is it with the removable tongue off?

Don't know right off the top of my head, but give me a few hours and I'll try and get a good measurement. It should fit in any two car garage. I back it straight in remove the tongue and still have room in front and back of boat. Also, my house was built in 1981??? so the garage is smaller than what I have experienced in newer homes.

IP Logged

backbone
Forum Member

Brandon
Reply #10 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 7:37pm

I have a shorter 3rd bay I think it's 17 ft. That's why I'm asking. I'm interested.

"don't wake me Bro!"

IP Logged

minnow
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #11 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 12:35pm

From the back of the motor to the very front it measures approximately 18'7" (give or take one or two inches). You should be able to "catty-corner" it. A friend of mine has a B2 (which is alomst three feet longer) and thats what he does in his third bay.

IP Logged

minnow
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2011 at 11:07am

New Price 18500

IP Logged

CObob
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Reply #13 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 11:37pm

nice setup, shame you got lead-dunker all over it  Grin

bumpidy

IP Logged

MATT
Forum Member
Founding Member

Vero Beach
Reply #14 - Feb 3rd, 2011 at 8:45pm

Looks like my dream set up...sorry to see anyone sell a skiff this nice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Advertisement