Send Topic Print
yamaha 50hp 2 stroke (Read 3979 times)
southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
yamaha 50hp 2 stroke
Sep 10th, 2010 at 3:38pm

...    definition of a fisherman: a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end    

IP Logged

Support those who support microskiff.com.
Un- shore
Founding Member

Lantana, Florida
Re: yamaha 50hp 2 stroke
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 3:59pm

This Topic was moved here from Microskiffs For Sale by Un- shore.

Torn Between Two Shores

IP Logged

out-cast
Forum Member

St Lucie
Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:11pm

Is it yours?

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:22pm

out-cast wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:11pm:
Is it yours?

no, it's my brothers  Smiley i'm just posting it for him cause he  cant remember is log on pass word Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:25pm by southboundchicken »  

...    definition of a fisherman: a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other end    

IP Logged

skinnywater3
Forum Member

Orlando FL
Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:28pm

does it come with controls?
when does the warranty expire?

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:49pm

as of right now he's trying to sell it without the controls cause he wants to repower with a bigger yamaha and would need the controls but you might want to call him and try and work something out cause if he were to repower with a merc that would change things considerably..  i dont think theres any warranty left but i can vouch for the fact that its a really clean motor with low hours.... i wish it were a tiller motor cause i'd drop it on the back of either a copperhead or ipb and call it a day  Cool

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 4:52pm

someone correct me if i'm wrong but back in the day i think the yamaha 2 strokes came with a 2 year warranty and the 4 strokes came with a 3 year warranty unless you purchased during one of their extended warranty promotions  Undecided

IP Logged

whitesnooky
Forum Member

Won "Do More With Less"
Award!

orlando
Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 8:23pm

That's a sweet price.   This motor with a pontoon boat reminds me of racing on my 21ft pontoon boat with new merc 60hp 4 stroke EFI BIGFOOT and nailed it.  50hp yamaha 2 smoke with a pontoon boat lost agaist mine by hole shot and top speed.    Big difference......I would to love to have this for ECC skiff. Wink  is he upgrading a BIGFOOT? Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2010 at 8:29pm by whitesnooky »  

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:53pm

whitesnooky wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 8:23pm:
That's a sweet price.   This motor with a pontoon boat reminds me of racing on my 21ft pontoon boat with new merc 60hp 4 stroke EFI BIGFOOT and nailed it.  50hp yamaha 2 smoke with a pontoon boat lost agaist mine by hole shot and top speed.    Big difference......I would to love to have this for ECC skiff. Wink  is he upgrading a BIGFOOT? Grin

naw he's just looking to max out the hp rating on the boat which is 100 hp but if he stays with yammy thats gonna put him in the  90 hp range which is close enough. as i mentioned earlier this is a good solid motor that if not for the fact it's a remote steer motor and not a tiller this ad would not even exist Smiley i've considered converting it but i'm not ready to buy another boat just yet when i'm having so much fun on the f & f  Cool

IP Logged

whitesnooky
Forum Member

Won "Do More With Less"
Award!

orlando
Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2010 at 9:38am

southboundchicken wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 11:53pm:
whitesnooky wrote on Sep 10th, 2010 at 8:23pm:

naw he's just looking to max out the hp rating on the boat which is 100 hp but if he stays with yammy thats gonna put him in the  90 hp range which is close enough. as i mentioned earlier this is a good solid motor that if not for the fact it's a remote steer motor and not a tiller this ad would not even exist Smiley i've considered converting it but i'm not ready to buy another boat just yet when i'm having so much fun on the f & f  Cool

IMHO,

90hp will only give him 5 mph faster unless the motor mount higher on the transom will give him more top speed and better fuel economy.  I had mine mount highest as I can and its bolted the last hole on the bottom and it raised 4.5 inches higher above the normal mount.  I had gain from 22 mph to 25.2 Mph and noticed a better cruising speed.  Just let him know. Smiley

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #10 - Sep 12th, 2010 at 8:13pm

yeah thats about what we figure whitesnooky  Smiley i also had a 20'er with a 90 hp 4 stroke suzuki that would run about 25 mph which is a respectable speed in a pontoon and thats about all he's looking for  Cool
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2010 at 8:13pm by southboundchicken »  

IP Logged

B. Lee
Forum Member

Chattanooga, TN
Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:06am

"25mph", "respectable", and "pontoon" are no longer required pontoon terminology...

...how about "100mph", "496ci", and "blower"...

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?222495-100-mph-PlayCraft-Pontoon-Shat...

Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2010 at 9:08am by B. Lee »  

WWW http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=10000021  
IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2010 at 10:04pm

Cheesy Grin yeah i've seen that stuff before  Shocked  Grin he's got 2 little boys and momma with him most of the time so i doubt she'll ever let him ride like that  Grin

IP Logged

Birdseye
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

Jacksonville
Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 8:37am

Southbound, does he still have the yamaha 50?

IP Logged

southboundchicken
Forum Member

I Love microskiff.com!

jacksonville
Reply #14 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 12:01pm

yes,  send me a pm if you want his number and i'll put you in touch  Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Advertisement