Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dolphin 16 renegade (Read 6500 times)
beavis
Forum Member
Founding Member

Dolphin 16 renegade
Oct 27th, 2007 at 7:04pm

I know these are on the line of being a micro and not being a micro, but they are still cool boats and worth looking at.

While down at the Ft Laud boat show, I took a ride down to Florida City to take a look at the Dolphin skiffs.  Their website lacks some of the vital pictures to see deck layout and hull layout that we all want to see when looking for a flats boat.
The boats are Beau-T- Ful.   I was specifically looking at the 16L series. More specifically the renegade and super skiff tiller models.   The difference in the 2 is the renegade drafts 5 inches and the super skiff drafts 8 inches. These numbers are from the website so donít yell at me as to where I got them from.  The staff there was more than willing to show me the boats from top to bottom and was very informative in answering all of my questions.  I did not wet test or fish the boat because of my tight schedule I had myself on so I will not comment on any kind of performance.  Quality of the boats looked top notch!

These pictures are of boats under construction of various phases so they are not finished and are not a good example of their fit and finish.

Here is the bottom of the renegade model.

Here is the bottom of  the super skiff model.

Here is the transom of the renegade model.

Here is what the transom looks like on the super skiff model even though this is the super skiff pro.

Here is a bare bones type deck layout.

Here is the 16 super skiff Pro.  Very Nice!

IP Logged

Support those who support microskiff.com.
pinfish
Ex Member

Re: Dolphin 16 renegade
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 7:11pm

That is to sweet!Top notch boat building for sure.Thanks for all the post on new stuff beavis Smiley

IP Logged

captnron
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 12:20pm

OMG, that is sweeeeeeeeeet. Smiley

What are the brax bolted to the transom each side of the Lenco's - Poling Platform mounts?

IP Logged

brew1891
Forum Member
Founding Member

ORL
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 1:07pm

me likey the renegade tiller...but outta my budget once everything is added on

IP Logged

captnron
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 1:22pm

brew1891 wrote on Oct 28th, 2007 at 1:07pm:
me likey the renegade tiller...but outta my budget once everything is added on

Yeah.  25K boat Wink  RJ said he could get us a discount. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

beavis
Forum Member
Founding Member

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 1:32pm

Depends on what you want for your price to be.  The boat I priced out was 15K without a motor.  Base boat with a few options.  Now Mr. Luxurious on the other hand might need the 25k version. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

captnron
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2007 at 1:40pm

beavis wrote on Oct 28th, 2007 at 1:32pm:
Depends on what you want for your price to be.  The boat I priced out was 15K without a motor.  Base boat with a few options.  Now Mr. Luxurious on the other hand might need the 25k version. Grin Grin Grin

Think we figured the mota @ 5K.  I added kevlar and some electricity that the Hatsue requires.  My price included tax and gas to go get her. Wink  I could save a couple of bucks and go the single color but we've been through that one so I used it a a trading budget number. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advertisement